In this episode learn how easy it is to develop a daily habit of a virtual, do anywhere, mood-elevating workout. After listening to the podcast, check out these videos from Certified Trainer Lauren Updyke.
Lauren Updyke, MS, American College of Sports Medicine Certified Trainer, Director of the University of Washington Whole U program.
During This Episode We Discuss:
- The benefits of exercise. Bone health, Cardiovascular health, improve blood pressure, stress reduction, improvement in mental health
- Exercise is as essential as breathing
- How to start and make it a habit
- Different workouts with video links
- Fitness, strength training, yoga
- How to get motivated to exercise
“To start I recommend 15 minutes, and so that 15 minutes is broken up into 5 minutes of cardiovascular, which would be marching in place, jogging in place, jumping jacks, squat jumps, jump rope, anything that gets your heart rate moving. The middle 5 minutes would be strength training, all you need is your body….large muscle groups, an example, pushups, single side – single leg squat, dips, last 5 minutes are for core exercises plank or a crunch. End with stretching. Stretching is key..”
“Variety is key, stay consistent, schedule your exercise.”
After listening to the podcast, check out these videos from Certified Trainer Lauren Updyke:
- Mini Fitness
- Move More in 2021
- Nike app
- Lauren Updyke of @U.W.WholeU