This explicit discussion with sexual health experts covers causes of and treatments for reduced libido, arousal and orgasm, in both males and females. Hormones are key players in sexual health, and anything that affects those hormones can potentially affect people’s sex lives. For example, aging, antidepressant medications and hair replacement treatments can reduce sexual interest or function. Resources and treatments exist, from therapy to medication.
Irwin Goldstein, M.D.. Director of San Diego Sexual Medicine, Director of Sexual Medicine at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego California, and Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of California, San Diego.Sue Goldstein, BA. Sexuality Educator and Clinical Research Manager at San Diego Sexual Medicine
During This Episode We Discuss:
- Yes, it’s a Podcast on Men’s Health, so listen and learn about the female and male sexual responses to improve your sexual relationship with your partner.
- Testosterone, estrogen, serotonin, dopamine, and other hormones are key players in sexual health. Learn about medications that can hurt and help.
- Your hormones and thus sex life can be affected by many things in your life, including the medications and treatments you use.
- Controversial and strong opinions from our guests (two experts in Sexual Health) on the effects of birth control pills on female libido and sexual health, and male hair loss prevention products on male sexual health.
- Maintaining sexual intimacy throughout life- our guests explain how.
“Pain during Sex is not OK.”
“If we explain to patients these are the side effects whether it’s birth control pill or Finasteride, if we explain to patients, these things could happen, and the patient then makes a rational decision, that’s appropriate medicine.”
“There s a 4th reason for orgasmic disorder that we are newly appreciating.”
“The chances for erectile dysfunction increase (with age). If your 50 (yrs old) your chances are 50%, if your 60 your chances are 60%, if you’re 70, your chances are 70%.”
Irwin Goldstein, M.D.
- Sex Points: Reclaim Your Sex Life with the Revolutionary Multi-point System- Book by Bat Sheva Marcus
- San Diego Sexual Medicine
- Sexual Society of North America. Public portal Sex Health Matters
- ISSWSH International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health