Please join and listen to this wonderful review of common conditions affecting the lungs. Dr. Schwartz provides us with information regarding how today’s air quality affects the developing lungs in children and how it affects those of us who are adults and may or may not have underlying pulmonary issues.
We review the most common pulmonary concerns, advances in therapy, and how to maintain good pulmonary health.
Dr. Schwartz shares some very recent information on the genetics associated with one of the more common pulmonary diseases, Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Dr. David Schwartz, MD, Distinguished Professor of Medicine and Immunology in the Division of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care at the University of Colorado
Immediate Past Chair of Medicine at The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Director of Center for Genes, Environment & Health, National Jewish Health, and previous National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Director at the National Institutes of Health.
During This Episode, We Discuss:
- A review of how the lungs function
- The role of the Pulmonary specialist
- How the lungs interact with the environment
- A review of common lung conditions and diseases
- What is COPD
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Cancers and Detection
- Pulmonary Infections
- Smoking and Smoking related pulmonary diseases
- Chronic Cough
- When should you be seen by a Pulmonary specialist (Pulmonologist)
- Current research and understanding of the role of the environment and the above conditions, diseases
- Genetic determinants of pulmonary disease
- How to maintain good pulmonary health
‘The Environment that we are faced with really is interesting because it forces the lungs to adapt and re-adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.’
If you smoke less than ten cigarettes daily, you’re not addicted to Nicotine.
The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences
Your Primary Care Physician (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician)
Select Health Information: Pulmonary Disease